i use my laptop to go on xbox live with my xbox through ethernet, it was working well until one time i took off the ethernet cable and put it back in a while later. Since then, whenever i try connecting my laptop to my xbox it just wouldnt show that its connected (a network cable is unplugged). im not sure but ive heard elsewhere that it has something to do with ports, but im still uunsure whjat to do. I appreciate any help provided.:icon_exclaim:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Check if you didn't connect the cable to the modem port if you have one on your laptop.

Check if you didn't connect the cable to the modem port if you have one on your laptop.

I have connected it. it works on other laptops but does not work on mine:(

I have connected it. it works on other laptops but does not work on mine:(

Buy a PCMCIA ethernet card. I got one for my dad's laptop for 10 bucks
P.S. My dad got the laptop with a malfunctioning integrated ethernet card.

Hi members ............................................................................................
i use my laptop to go on xbox live with my xbox through ethernet, it was working well until one time i took off the ethernet cable and put it back in a while later. Since then, whenever i try connecting my laptop to my xbox it just wouldnt show that its connected (a network cable is unplugged). im not sure but ive heard elsewhere that it has something to do with ports, but im still uunsure whjat to do
By regards
anglish1234
more information to click here

Hi members ............................................................................................
i use my laptop to go on xbox live with my xbox through ethernet, it was working well until one time i took off the ethernet cable and put it back in a while later. Since then, whenever i try connecting my laptop to my xbox it just wouldnt show that its connected (a network cable is unplugged). im not sure but ive heard elsewhere that it has something to do with ports, but im still uunsure whjat to do
By regards
anglish1234
more information to click here

i don't think you need to connect your laptop to your xbox..

try updating drivers to your network card and restarting your pc.. if that doesn't work then it is recommended to buy a router

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.