Hi, If I move my mouse fast left or right (but not that fast) the cursor starts moving up or down or some other direction it shouldn't be. It's real frustrating for some games. Is this normal??? It's an optical mouse came with the computer, not USB. I don't remember it doing this before but it's been doing this for a looong time now. I have Win XP SP2, 2 Ghz pentium 4, 1 GB RAM, ATI 9800 128MB, DirectX 9.0c... I hope that's enough info. Thanks.

EDIT: I just had an idea and I'll try it: Could it be that the optical sensor on my mouse might just be dirty? How would I clean it if that's the case? Compressed Air?

Thanks again

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

did u install the cd which is come together with ur mouse if not install it and
click the mouse icon and cheek the setting if u alrady install it try to reinstal again

No, my mouse didn't come with a CD. It came with the computer.

they shoud give u the cd togather with the computer when u purchase

Not every mouse comes with a CD. WinXp will just use the default ms drivers...

Member Avatar for Electrohead

i had a similar problem. believe it or not it's because i was using a red mousemat. try changing to a different mousemat. it might work...

i had a similar problem. believe it or not it's because i was using a red mousemat. try changing to a different mousemat. it might work...

Yeah some red mouse pads dont work. I have one that works though. Also if the surface you use is reflective just a bit, the optical sensor on the mouse wont know how to react. My sister has a white glossy desk that does that.

Thanks I'll try that... Anyone know why if I've got a thread selected on this board as instant email notification I don't receive any emails???

WOW! that solved my problem, I had the same problem, change the mouse pad and it is working just fine!
thanks!

same happening to me. Same spec it aint to do with my mouse mat but it is very strange no one seems to know how to fix it. I have lost he cd for my mouse so can re install it. Just seems strange why it would suddenly start. I have just turned it sideways which at least makes it useable. Any help would be great

I did buy it from lidls for 7 quid but it has worked fine for about 5 months.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.