hi, i have the MSI NF980-G65 with a AMD phenom ii 965 3.4ghz
can i use corsair Corsair 4GB 2 x 2GB PC3 10666 Dual Channel DDR3 1.5v or corsair dominator ram at 1600mhz 1.85v or if theres any other recomended ram for this motherboard please say

i need to know asap

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Either of those should work fine, but MSI have not done any official tests with them. This is their list of tested RAM modules. which I found by following the link from the motherboard page.

After installing them it would be a good idea to go into the BIOS and ensure it's detected their settings correctly, particularly with the 1600 version which require and overclock apparently (see here).

There's not a great deal of difference between 1066 RAM and 1600 for a casual user, but you may get benefit from the more expensive stuff.

Thanks, I decided to go for the corsair 4gb 2x2gb at 1333mhz ddr3 sdram as i shouldn't have to do any manual overclocking

i have my pc set up and running- how do i view the tempurature of the cpu and other componants

Get CoreTemp. There is a 64bit version (which I assume you have installed?).
That will give you the cpu temp.
Everest free for the rest.

thanks it seems fine, but on speed fan im getting readings

temp-30 around about
temp2-90c
temp3-30 around about
what is temp 2 and why is it so high

Possibly the chipset. Does the temp2 figure change? Try directing a fan onto the motherboard to see if the temp drops.
It could also be a bios problem or a software problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.