is it safe to put the foam pad(the on tht comes with the mobo) under the motherboard in a case and
screw it up(tighten it)? because when ever my mobo touches the
case it doesnt boot up but whent i put the pad under it it boots up.
srrry if my eng is bad.
i need reply ASAP. will appreciate any kind of advice

is it safe to put the foam pad(the on tht comes with the mobo) under the motherboard in a case and
screw it up(tighten it)? because when ever my mobo touches the
case it doesnt boot up but whent i put the pad under it it boots up.
srrry if my eng is bad.
i need reply ASAP. will appreciate any kind of advice

The motherboard should be in "air" (air circulation, static electricity). The foam is for transport of motherboard. The foam could lead static electricity to your motherboard from PC skeleton. Advice, screw the motherboard on the skeleton without any foam.
Read the manual that should have been included with the motherboard.

thx! the problem is solved already!
but can u explain the reason y when the motherboard touches the case
it doesnt boot up? i am using asus p5g41 m lx
i never experience this problem with other boards

If you look on the holes, you will see that nearby is a lot of metal area. This area is being connected via the screw to the desktop box(metal skeleton). And the metal skeleton via the power supply is connected to electricity ground. Because the whole computer box is something like a Faraday cage. And the vendor-developer of the motherboard expects, that no other part of the motherboard touch the ground. And when you (with the foam) connected some parts with the skeleton, that shouldn't be connected, then that part doesn't work. Bios by start check all devices (beep tells the state) and if something critical is not working or returns error, then bios will just beeps and stop with booting, simply it is a fail-safe and also a recognizable signal for "humans". If the main circle is a problem, then the motherboard act as dead.
This is a general behaviour for all motherboards. Except different vendors have their own beep structure.

It is hard for me to explain it in English. You should ask someone nearby who works with electric devices about the groundwire connection (GND) for an explanation.
GND - Wiki
Some info about bios beeps

thx
i think i have got the general idea about what u are trying to tell already.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.