opsryushi 2 Light Poster

Hey everyone,

I'd really appreciate some input and suggestions on this issue. My friend (who lives across the state from me) recently got a Microsoft LifeCam VX700 webcam (I know, it's a cheap piece of crap. That doesn't mean it shouldn't work.) She's running Windows Vista, dial-up internet connection, and the machine meets the system requirements on the box of the VX700.

I have an Apple MacBook, with the built-in iSight camera, and a T1 LAN internet connection.

Here's the problem: Every time we try to do video chat on Windows Live Messenger (WLM), it seems to automatically cancel the webcam request between us as it tries to connect. She has the latest version of Messenger for Windows, and I'm running aMSN (crap program, I know, but the best WLM client for Mac that also supports webcams.)

Here's what I know: Her webcam (the VX700) works, and it is capable of video chat with other people (she had it working with another friend earlier today). My webcam (the iSight) works (I just got off Skype with another good friend.)

Here's what we see in the conversation window:

Kayti has requested you to view his/her webcam (Accept/Decline) <-- I click "Accept"
You have accepted Kayti 's invitation to view his/her webcam. <-- Wait about 10 seconds...
Kayti has canceled the request. <-- She hasn't actually canceled the request.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this problem, and how I might fix it? Feel free to get technical, I'm a computer science major. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.