I have a Intel Core 2 Duo E 8400 cpu, and one day ago i installed a new fan that pumps air through a pipe to the cpu (almost directly, because the pipe is slightly moved to right than the proc and i couldn't fix that). After this i saw that the cpu temperature is @ 22 degrees Celsius, and one of the cores is at 18 degrees and the other one is at 35( but it's stuck there, even when i start the pc, it's at the same value); a friend of mine told me that it's not good to have the pc run at such a low temperature, and i want a pro advice in this matter. As far as i know lower temperatures are better.
The value i am experience is with winamp on and mozzila. I can't get a value while playing something because my video card got broken (don't know why, it just crashed while looking on youtube.. never worked since)
The motherboard temperature is at 40 degrees
Thank you in advance for answering my question!

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Don't believe him. The colder the better :)

my questions are regarding this statement from your post

The value i am experience is with winamp on and mozzila. I can't get a value while playing something because my video card got broken (don't know why, it just crashed while looking on youtube.. never worked since

how are you viewing things on your monitor if the video card is broke.
the temps are from when you use winamp and mozilla ,neither would drive the temp up .
what program/device are you using to read/show the cpu temps

What is the temperature in the room as well?

the colder the better as long as it's covered with ice :-)

my questions are regarding this statement from your post

how are you viewing things on your monitor if the video card is broke.
the temps are from when you use winamp and mozilla ,neither would drive the temp up .
what program/device are you using to read/show the cpu temps

I am curently using my integrated video card.
For the reading of the temperatures i am using Everest, form Lavalys.
Both processors are used ( they both have activity) but the temperature of the 2nd one is stuck at 35. i think there is a problem in the reading of the temperature.

The room temperature is around 23 degrees Celsius

The processor cores cannot go below the ambient temperature without using colder than air cooling.
There is either something wrong with the sensor's, or with the software.
Download Real Temp from http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ and see if there is any difference.
It is made for Intel processors.

I've installed that program, but the values didn't changed.
Here is a picture from what i am getting with everest and with the new soft.

http://www.fileshare.ro/3297994963.24
The room temp is 22.4 C as my thermometer shows

I've installed that program, but the values didn't changed.
Here is a picture from what i am getting with everest and with the new soft.

http://www.fileshare.ro/3297994963.24
The room temp is 22.4 C as my thermometer shows

those are + temps not - temps ,so it hot, not cold

It is made for Intel processors.
not mine ,today anyway , celeron 2.66

The picture shows me that there has been a minimum and a maximum temp reading between 22 and 35.
Download a program called OCCT and run it. What are the temps after 5 minutes?

Sorry Caperjack. I didn't think anyone still ran celeron's
:P

Sorry Caperjack. I didn't think anyone still ran celeron's
:P

lol. had 2.8 p4 DC,the other day but needed it for something else

Looks to me like they are both running pretty evenly at low to mid 40C under load.

Looks to me like they are both running pretty evenly at low to mid 40C under load.

So it seems. But is that ok? should i try getting it cooler, or it's fine? What is the optimal temperature for my proc?:) ty all for your answers; after this last question's answer i will mark this thread as solved.

You are probably a good 20-25C away from that processors heat ceiling, possibly even further.
Intel's can run fairly high temps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.