Hello all,

who could help me identify the loose cable in my G5 and tell me where it should go? I've attached a picture of it. This morning I noticed a strange reflection coming from behind the grill of the mac and lo and behold: a loose cable! The mac's still working fine so it isn't anything critical. I suspect it to be the cable for the speaker, as I'm using the sound out port on the back for my monitors so I wouldn't notice the difference between the internal speaker working or not working.

It's right at the front, in the upper half and has a sticky thingie attached to it, probably to put and keep it somewhere where it will look esthaetically alright.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Paul

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I can't really make it out. If you want to know if it's the internal speaker cable just unplug the external speakers and play a CD or MP3. If it makes sound then it's not that :-) Is it possibly the cable for Airport Extreme?

I cannot make it out, and unforuntaly, don't have access to a G5 to compare, ATM. However, are you sure it's not just a grounding cable?

thank you both so far,

I did what gortonsfi suggested and the internal speaker still produces sound, so it's not the speaker cable. It might be the airport cable though. I'll keep on searching.

Thanks again,
Paul

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.