lately my computer is performing very poor! specifally on games(DOTA)! grrr. and also on facebook applications. it's really very laggy and slow! can't even play well!

it's not like this before. i've got some atleast good computer specs. dual core cpu e5200 @ 2.50 ghz, 2gb ram, and 256mb video card, and also good and stable internet connection.

i've tried to scan my pc for some possible viruses using NOD32, used the "C cleaner" and even defrag my disk. but still didnt find any errors or viruses that causes the lag.

i have my last option to use the system restore. but im saving it for last. and i really want to know the cause of this problem. can anyone help me please??

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

hi, you didn't mention what operating system you are using ,if Vista or lower , try this program to stop un-necessary program from running at startup.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/startuplite.php

im using win xp pro sp3.

i have also tried the system restore but still laggy. i think the prob is in my video card. am i ryt?? coz my web surfing is normal. no lags. but when there's a need for higher graphics like in games, that's the time it's starting to slow. :(

im using win xp pro sp3.

i think the prob is in my video card. am i ryt?? :(

not sure ,but if ryt =right you could be ,go to makers web site and look for updated driver for youe card

i'll go ahead and try it. tnx in advance sir:)

i'll go ahead and try it. tnx in advance sir:)

also check video card and if it has a fan on it make sure its working and not full of dust

i have updated the driver but still no improvement. even cleaned my cpu. i think i have to send this for a check up. :icon_cry:

i have updated the driver but still no improvement. even cleaned my cpu. i think i have to send this for a check up. :icon_cry:

yup. oh did the video card have a fan or just a heatsinc on it

try to reformat ur pc.. and u must clean up ur cpu.. by using vaccum cleaner, because somtimes dirt and dusts makes pc's run very slow..

my video card is only built-in : intel(R) g33 g31 express chipset family

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.