Hello I have a Fujitsu Lifebook Series N6010 laptop. BIOS VERSION 1.17 E.
The RAM in my computer is 2 X 512 MB. DDR SD PC2700 333MHZ CL 2.5. Unbuffered non ECC RAM

Seeking the advice from the website Crucial I was let to believe that the following RAM spec was compatible with my computer. The specification is 1GB RAM PC 3200 400 MHZ DDR CL 3 Unbuffered non ECC RAM.

I am aware that Fujitsu has released new BIOS update which is 1.21 E. This requires a floppy drive to update the BIOS settings. My computer does not have a floppy drive only a CD. What shall I do?

Please can you help my computer is not recognising the new RAM it does not appear to be compatible at the moment.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I am aware that Fujitsu has released new BIOS update which is 1.21 E.

dose it say it will make it recognize the new ram

I am aware that Fujitsu has released new BIOS update which is 1.21 E.

dose it say it will make it recognize the new ram

I think it does. The problem is that I need an external floppy drive to load on the new BIOS> I am a bit fearful of updating the new bios because I don't want to ruin the programs.

Interestingly My computer seems to take 1GB of the new chip plus one of my old RAM chip.

I am trying to increase my capacity to 2GB.
What would you suggest.

I am a bit fearful of updating the new bios because I don't want to ruin the programs.
What would you suggest.

if it goes wrong it won't ruin programs ,it could render your motherboard useless!
my suggestion,leave it to a professional

I see your post on the Fujitsu forums HERE

But I also see one HERE dated June 2009, and it has had no answer. Seems you won't get a response there :(

I think you need PC2700 333 RAM, not 400. You should be able to get your 400 RAM to work by setting it down to 333 in the BIOS, but a better solution might be to get a replacement/refund from Crucial since they gave you dodgy advice.

You can download the manual from HERE , just enter the code, but don't enter your email address, it's not required. Page 45 says PC2700 RAM only (well, page 51 of the whole file)

Thank you for the hint. I will see if I am able to tweak the bios a little bit.

Thanking you
S Dave

use a flash drive and save it then use that making install in your pc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.