i just installed a new MSI P4MAM2-V motherboard with the VIA chipset and onboaord Vinyl AC97 sound but no sound is comming out! I installed all the new drivers! I remember calling circuit city with this problem in my old mobo and they told me to go to device manager or add hardware or something, i totaly forgot. If any of you know how to solve this please help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

ok i got the soudn working by changing a few plugs and jacks. But the sound quality is horrible. Can someone link me to the new Vinyl AC97 drivers please? Also i have a speaker built into my moiniter but its not working! HElp!

Go to the chipsets(VIA) website and see if there are any updates for the sound. I have nvidia 4 chipset and my sound was horrible until I went to the website and downloaded the update.

ok, i just got a new SBPCI sound card but the sound comming out of the speakers is too soft. I heard you can change the khz or something and make it stronger?

oh and the sound is turned up all theh way. Coult it be my speakers?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.