I am looking for a new computer and i was wondering what kind of graphic card is is integrated into the P4 intel cpu and if it's any good or if I should go out and buy another?

If I should get another one what would u suggest?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What mother board have you got, there is no graphics card integrated with your processor.

CPUs (processors) don't contain any built-in GPUs (graphics processor units). Sometimes, graphics cards come integrated in your computer's motherboard, but not in the processor. An Intel Pentium 4 is a processor (or CPU) and therefore doesn't have a built-in video card, just like other CPUs from AMD. However, Intel also makes motherboards compatible with the P4 processor, and some of those may have built-in graphics cards. Other motherboard manufactuers include: Abit, Asus, Gigabyte, Soyo, etc.

The motherboard I'm looking to buy is the Intel D845 and I was wondering do u guys know if the 865GBF Chipset is compatible with it?

The motherboard I'm looking to buy is the Intel D845 and I was wondering do u guys know if the 865GBF Chipset is compatible with it?

You are still confused as the intel board will have its own chipset and might just well be the 865GBF Chipset ,i could search and find out for sure but don't have time right now !!

The motherboard I'm looking to buy is the Intel D845 and I was wondering do you guys know if the 865GBF Chipset is compatible with it?

the 845 chipset series is older and obsolete (133 MHz front-side bus/DDR266). The 865 chipset series is newer and relatively current (up to 200 MHz front-side bus, quad-pumped "800 MHz"/DDR400). Some versions have integrated graphics, some not. The G in the chipset and motherboard name indicates integrated graphics, but neither has integrated graphics worth anything. The VIA, ATI, and SiS chipsets with integrated graphics are much better (ATI has the best integrated graphics, but their Linux support is terrible).

Is there a reason why you have chosen the 845 board?

The 865GBF chipset has "Intel Extreme Graphics 2" Video. The D845GBFL chipset has "Intel 82845 Graphics Controller" video.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.