Running OS 10.4.1.1 on Dual G5. My printer was working fine until a servere storm passed through last night. Since that time, no printer. Green light is on the printer, I've unplugged/replugged power switch, unplugged/replugged all connections from the LaserWriter AsanteTalk to the D-Link. Printer is selected in preferences. Attempts to print manifest with a brief moment of the printer icon appearing in the doc then disappearing and nothing else happens. The document in the print dialog box disappears. Suggestion? Thanks.

Jeanne

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I believe that the trick to this lies in patience. If you disconnect all Including the power cable you must wait at least 90 seconds before you reattached cables and power.
Disconnecting power is critical for it resets the units to default, necessary when you are trying to reestablish connections.

yeah try that, otherwise it sounds like your printer's network controller board is fried.

It sounds to me as though your Printers network controller board is fried.

I agree with WASDted.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.