jime0726 0 Junior Poster in Training

hey all,
i need some help with printers and terminal server. right now i'm running terminal server 2000 sp4, i have a decent amount of users on it and some of them have their printers from home setup on the terminal server so when they log on from home, they can just print to their home printer. now i was told that with terminal server 2k on a windows 2k server machine, if you have a usb printer, that won't work because usb cannot be redirected...is this true? and also, i've never set up printers on TS before, my old manager used to do that, now its my job and i'm having a lot of difficulty. from what i see, whenever you set up a home printer on TS, it automatically creates a TS(then a port #) printer port. i've been having trouble setting up other printers with these configurations. if anyone has any detailed documentation or knows where i can find something to help me out, i'd really appreciate it!

thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.