I just got a new USB Bluetooth dongle and paired it with my Sony Ericsson k700i. The phone supports the Headset feature, which means that I can use the phone as a headset. However, the software I use (blue soleil) doesn't detect this feature when I tell it to browse the phone's services. All the other phone services work just fine. Is there any other software suite (bluetooth) that I can use?

Also, Windows doesn't automatically detect the USB dongle. It just says "USB Device" when I connect it afresh. After loading the drivers from the CD, the device works fine except for the problem stated above. But, Windows XP doesn't show the "My Bluetooth Places" icon anywhere. How can I use Windows' inbuilt Bluetooth features? Thanks

I hope, You cannot use your K700i as a headphone.

Then what does "Headset" in the supported bluetooth functions mean?

Using that HeadSet Function, you can connect BlueTooth Headsets (wireless handfree), but not a computer.

Oh, ok. Thanks. And here I was thinking that I had a new portable music player. Imagine this: If the headset function was as I thought, you pair the phone with the computer, launch WMP or Winamp with a playlist of all your fave songs, and use the Remote Control feature to play, pause, skip tracks, control volume etc. The idea is appealing isn't it? With a Class 1 bluetooth dongle, you get a range of a 100 meters as well...enuff for your entire home.

I guess you can still do this if you have a Bluetooth headset. Cool...

Well, thanks again, Priya. Appreciate your assistance.

Yes, You can use your k700i as a REMOTE Controller for your PC. (To control Winamp, media Player, Power DVD etc.)

Read this article: (You need to Login to download the attachments)

http://atozofit.com/viewtopic.php?t=52

Do you know? You can take remote photos using your K700i. (Without user interface). Yes, just put the phone somewhere, it will take and send photos automatically (for the specified interval) to your PC.

Do you know? You can take remote photos using your K700i. (Without user interface). Yes, just put the phone somewhere, it will take and send photos automatically (for the specified interval) to your PC.

How do I go about that?

Hi Man, it's illegal according to US Laws(imagine, you can take anything!). Send me a PM. I will explain how to do that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.