Ok, I have a Dell Dimension 8200 desktop and an LCD flat screen. One day the monitor just went black. I thought it was the cord, so I tried using a DVI cable to connect my CPU to my monitor, but it still didn't work. When the monitor is on but not connected to the CPU, the self-test thing comes up on the monitor, and when i connected the monitor to my other laptop, it worked fine, so I think it might be a problem with my CPU. If anyone has any ideas about what's wrong, I would LOVE some advice.

Kristin

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I do think there's something wrong with your actual PC, which could be any number of things (motherboard, CPU, video card, PSU). Is it still under warranty?

I had the same problem. My Dell 15inch Flat Panel just went black and would not turn on 1 week after getting the product. All thought I got another one from Dell free of charge I still would like to see how I might get the one that stopped working fixed to use on another system.

I had the same problem. My Dell 15inch Flat Panel just went black and would not turn on 1 week after getting the product. All thought I got another one from Dell free of charge I still would like to see how I might get the one that stopped working fixed to use on another system.

LinkWithUs, your problem is actually different. The original poster had a problem with his PC (motherboard, CPU, power supply - any number of things) - his LCD screen still functioned correctly (as proven by testing on a laptop). Your problem was a faulty screen, which you've replaced. The only way to get the faulty screen working again is to take it in for repairs, which may end up costing enough for you to think twice about it and just buy a brand new model instead.

LinkWithUs, your problem is actually different. The original poster had a problem with his actual PC - his LCD screen still functioned correctly (as proven by testing on a laptop). Your problem was a faulty screen, which you've replaced. The only way to get the faulty screen working again is to take it in for repairs, which may end up costing enough for you to think twice about it and just buy a brand new model instead.

You know I believe you are right. I have been told that before I just was hoping that I could get it fixed for less the the price of buying a new on at $279. lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.