My problem is that I cannot start the machine.
After switching it on select bios setup I get a logo showing a lock and what looks like a battery then a series of xxxx
I triad f12 temp boot device no luck.

Help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My T22 IBM think pad wont start up. All I get is a symble of a lock and what looks like a battery sign. Tried F12 temp boot device, no good.
Help

The hard drive and BIOS is locked, and you are supposed to enter a code at that screen.

I am not sure if it is possible to unlock that old model in an easy non-intrusive way, but I had a similar problem with a Think pad R51 which I had to change a security chip to get working again (switched the chip with a spare from another broken R51).

If you don't know how to solder SMD chips on a motherboard, I suggest you buy a new net-book or something like that. :)

I am an IBM/Lenovo user and I agree with jak0b, getting past the bios password is very difficult indeed. I doubt a laptop that old is worth the cost!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.