My laptop start black screen few days ago. now still happen every 5 minutes. it can wake the screen up when the screen saver run. Can anybody tell me how to fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

What laptop is it? We need information to work with!

it is toshiba laptop.

The first thing you need to do is remove and reseat your ram.

Now the screen completely gone. When I switch on the laptop, it sound few beeps and no display at all. try many times, it has no screen. Is it screen damage?

it come back when clean the ram. but it black screen after boot up for 3 minutes.

when it come back, the screen was very pink. when it go black screen, it can wake it up when set the power to shut down screen in two minutes. after shutdown screen, I can wake it up, but it go black again after few minutes.
what is possible problem?

What model of Toshiba laptop is it? What is the exact pattern of beeps? The beeps are likely to be a fault code. The codes are are different for each laptop.

What model of Toshiba laptop is it? What is the exact pattern of beeps? The beeps are likely to be a fault code. The codes are are different for each laptop.

It is TOSHIBA Satellite M50.
the beep pattern is beep beep..beep beep.. beep beep.
It is not beep now. It boot up after 2 minutes, it get black screen.
when it start up. the screen is very pink.
it can be waken up by setting the power to shutdown the screen in 2 minutes. When the screen shutdown, touch the mouse and then it wake up. but after 2 or 3 minutes it black again.

The problem could be 1 of several things.
1 - Ram, you would need to test it with some new ram of the right type.
2 - Graphics, you would need to replace the motherboard.
3 - Screen, you would need to replace the screen.
4 - Backlight inverter, you would need to replace the backlight inverter (this is the least likely of all).

It might be worth taking it to a professional for diagnosis.

Its easy to cure this black screen. You can reinstall the operating system, or opt for the option of System Repair which is also done through the CD of the operating system.

My laptop start black screen few days ago. now still happen every 5 minutes. it can wake the screen up when the screen saver run. Can anybody tell me how to fix it?

Its easy to cure this black screen. You can reinstall the operating system, or opt for the option of System Repair which is also done through the CD of the operating system.

Sorry but thats wrong. 9 times out of 10, black screen is hardwqre failure, not software failure!

Sorry but thats wrong. 9 times out of 10, black screen is hardwqre failure, not software failure![/QUOTE
Do you know what hardware failure cause this problem?

Read the 10th post, I listed the most common causes in that!

This error is caused due to the hal.dll missing file which can be provided through the Operating System CD.

A hal.dll error WILL NOT cause a black screen at startup. It will ONLY cause black screen once windows has begun trying to load!
If the bios screen cannot be seen, it cannot be software!

A hal.dll error WILL NOT cause a black screen at startup. It will ONLY cause black screen once windows has begun trying to load!
If the bios screen cannot be seen, it cannot be software!

The windows can be loaded. the black screen happen after few minutes.

Well that's something you haven't told us before. If you want an accurate diagnosis, you absolutely must describe your symptoms in great detail!

Well that's something you haven't told us before. If you want an accurate diagnosis, you absolutely must describe your symptoms in great detail!

my toshiba lapton. was sudden to black screen. I reboot it, it go black screen after few minutes.
when it start up. the screen is very pink. after boot up, it run as normal, but after few minutes it go black screen.
if I set the power to shutdown the screen in 2 minutes. when the screen to black after two minutes the screen shutdown, I touch the mouse to wake the screen up, but after few minutes, it go black again. of course I can wake it up after two minutes the screen shutdown.
I think it must be some hardware problem.

Looks like you need a new screen if it goes pink!

Black screen means black wallpaper and theme save power consumption in laptop battery power.

That will not cause it to turn pink so it can't be that!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.