Hi and thanks in advance for any help!
Ok
I updated spyware doctor (registered and paid for) ( I have contacted them too) and re-started as told to and now i get to the page where it says to click on your user id to log on, only it doesn't show a user id! How do i get my user id back? I only have one user id on the computer.
I wont start in safe mode and won't go back to last known good configuration

I am using my husbands laptop to post this.
I could of course reformat, but i would rather not as i have spent hours logging websites to help me with my home schooling of my kids

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi and thanks in advance for any help!
Ok
I updated spyware doctor (registered and paid for) ( I have contacted them too) and re-started as told to and now i get to the page where it says to click on your user id to log on, only it doesn't show a user id! How do i get my user id back? I only have one user id on the computer.
I wont start in safe mode and won't go back to last known good configuration

I am using my husbands laptop to post this.
I could of course reformat, but i would rather not as i have spent hours logging websites to help me with my home schooling of my kids

Press ctrl+alt+delete 3 times at the user ID screen. A box should pop up, which looks much like the Windows 2000 login screen. You will be able to type in your user name and password manually.

J_

Press ctrl+alt+delete 3 times at the user ID screen. A box should pop up, which looks much like the Windows 2000 login screen. You will be able to type in your user name and password manually.

J_

Great idea! one problem, nothing i type for user name and password works, is there a default? I don't remember, setting up a password, i've tried putting different user names with or without a password to no effect......................
HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Great idea! one problem, nothing i type for user name and password works, is there a default? I don't remember, setting up a password, i've tried putting different user names with or without a password to no effect......................
HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Try administrator with no password.

J_

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.