i have an LCD monitor that i've been having problems with. when i turn it on it stays on for about 5 seconds then a message flashes on the screen saying "going to sleep." then is shuts off and won't turn back on again until i unplug it, if anyone can help that would be great.
thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Are you sure the monitor has the problem and not the system? If the system doesn't provide a signal, the monitor will stay in sleep mode.

Try the monitor on a different system (that works) in order to get a "second opinion".

Are you sure the monitor has the problem and not the system? If the system doesn't provide a signal, the monitor will stay in sleep mode.

Try the monitor on a different system (that works) in order to get a "second opinion".

i've tried it on 3 different computer and other monitors work with those computers and not this one. and when i use it as a secondary monitor to a computer that's already on it show the desktop background for 5 seconds then says " going to sleep" and shuts off.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.