I need a new video card to replace my aging GeForce 8600...

Im thinking about the Radeon 5450, but whats the power requirement on this?

The machine is a Pentium 4 3.6ghz, stock 305w CPU. Runs the old card fine, but just wanted to know if a new card would draw more power, and therefore need a new PSU?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

P.S i dont really care *too* much about performance, it shouldnt be any worse, right? The main reason I want to upgrade is to get HDMI...

Power consumption for that card is very low, your pc should handle it

On second thoughts, might go for a different card. Its like 50% slower in all the benchmarks!

My labtop screen went blank in the middle of using it, but i can see that it's still runing. i try conecting it to monitor and i can see it work on it. Please can you help me? filtouch

It could be a backlight or inverter failure. Try unpluging the power cord, remove the battery and then hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. Attach the power cord and try starting up.

My labtop screen went blank in the middle of using it, but i can see that it's still runing. i try conecting it to monitor and i can see it work on it. Please can you help me? filtouch

Please don't hijack my thread. Make your own.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.