Syrne 9 Junior Poster in Training

Hi all, just got done building my new PC and after spending several hours trying to get it to actually turn on (realized I mistook a fan connector for that of a floppy drive ><), I now have a problem when it turns on.

Here's a video showing/explaining everything (please ignore the awkward long section where I fail at trying to plug a SATA cable in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZo1J-2Htg

Thanks and I apologize if I don't respond immediately, It's 3 AM here and I have been working on this damned machine for the last 8 hours. I think it's time for a some well deserved sleep.

P.S.: When looking for the problem, I removed my heatsink and my CPU after thermal paste had been bonding the two for about an hour or two. I reattached everything without reapplying the paste. Is it necessary to go back, remove the 'old' paste, and reapply more even if it's only been a few hours (the heatsink was pretty well bonded, though)?

Thanks again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.