hey everyone. I have a problem.I have laptop 5150 from dell and today I started it up and when the windows xp finished loading an error with BLUe screen.

where running a symptom tree test and so far I have the following found
SYSTEM MEMORY MARCH A TEST ERROR CODE 2F00:0149
READ OOFFFFFFh

IDE DISK ERROR CODE 0F00:0244 FAIL
MSG BLOCK 7269147

IDE DISK ERROR CODE 0F00:0244
MSG BLOCK 9788341

IDE DISK ERROR CODE 0F00:0244
MSG BLOCK 21847455

ERROR CODE 0F00:0244
MSG 21847455

ANY IDEAS

AND ALSO WITH THOSE MESSAGES STATES UNCORRECTABLE DATA ERROR OR MEDIA

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hard drive. Dead.
At least, "UNCORRECTABLE" sounds fairly dooming.

I had the same problem with a few PCs where I work.

It turned out to be a problem with the PSU. When I turned the power on it either died straight away or stayed on for a short while.

I suggest you replace the PSU.

Ali Digman

This thread is over a year old (as is the other thread you replied to), so the person has probably fixed it allready. ;)
And it's not the PSU because then Windows wouldn't start.

Regards Niek

"Dxhtml Windows XP Blue Screen Error Examples and Error Fixer"

This is a fucking trojan!!!

Update your drivers and you should be all good. Your hardware is not in sync with your OS, thus updating your drivers should resolve this problem. Hope this helps.

Go To: Blue Screen Error for more details

Hi,
You just posted a reply to a very old thread .... Jan 30th, 2006
I don't think he needs your information now.....

But, how do you update drivers when you have a BSOD?

I replied to this post so people would see it just like you did. If you have the BSoD you need to update your drivers. You can do it be downloading driver robot or you can go to the manufactures site to download all of them. Just because this post is 3 years old doesn't mean other people do not see it.

As I said, BSOD, you can not do anything. You can not download, if you use another machine to download you can not update without starting windows and if you only get a BSOD you can not start Windows. Sometimes a BSOD is only an intermittent problem, then you can run windows at times and you can update drivers. That is why it is called the blue screen of death, when you get it you can do nothing but reboot and try again. You can use any of the boot CD's to boot the machine and then repair the problem, start windows and then update drivers.

pls check hard drive&memory

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.