Has anyone here bought one of the new Intel-based macs? How do you like it? Is it noticably faster than an IBM G5?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Has anyone here bought one of the new Intel-based macs? How do you like it? Is it noticably faster than an IBM G5?

Yup, got one recently - cannot comment about the IBMg5 but faster than a PC with HT technology - especially when you are multitasking - (ripping CD's while editing a document and pasting graphs)

Awesome to hear. :) So how do you like the world of macs? I take it you're a recent switcher?

The OS takes some getting used to :-( but it is very intuitive...
I like picasa from google for photo editing and emailing to the parents- its a lot more work with the iphoto and mail. Waiting eagerly for the Mac version.
I have yet to experiment with movie editing- so far what ever little bit I have tinkered with, I like :-)
So far, I like the sleek look :-)

I purchased the g4 mini last week and sent it back today based on the new intel mini being available. My mini was also an open box unit ... while I paid for a new one, so back it went. I plan on buying the top of the line mini with 2 gig of ram, but that combo is better than 1000 dollars. I wonder if the G5 towers will be heavily discounted soon... that would be a better machine in my opinion for me. Does anyone know what intel chip is used in the mini ??? I would love to know more about it before breaking out the checkbook.

Intel Core Duo.

I just got the new intel mini, I will check it out for a bit and let you know what it is like.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.