phrosty1 0 Newbie Poster

I have a Seagate Model ST340015A hard drive that came out of a NEO Car Jukebox (www.ssiamerica.com). I have tried installing this hard drive in two different computers with no luck.

I have tried installing the drive as a master, slave, CS in combination with the other drives on these computers, also tried limiting it to 32G all to no avail. When the computer powers up it fails to boot and says "F1 to try again, F2 to enter setup" I have run boot disks and tried the FDISK command and it tells me that there are no fixed disks present, even though my existing drives have remained untouched. As soon as the seagate drive is removed the computer boots up fine and all drives are present. I am using UltraATA 80 pin IDE cables as well. The drive is getting power and appears to be spinning up to speed.

I am not sure if this problem with the drive is the result of the NEO system or just a defect with the drive. (The NEO system also cannot read the drive.) I would appreciate any help anyone can give me with this. Thank you, JH

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.