Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I have the audigy 2 ZS sound card. I have the logitech Z5500 speakers. I want to know when I am trying to listen to a dvd with Dolby Digital I don't get the sound out of the middle speaker. What am I going to need to complete my sound to make it true 5.1? I am feeling kind of stupid right now because I can't figure it out.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

first, make sure you plugged in the right cables into the right spots of the sound card...it should be starting from the left (next to the firewire port) and going right the rears, center/sub, the front. Then go into the soundblaster software, and make sure 5.1 is enabled, and its set for dolby. Then you can run a speaker diagonisis and it will output sound to all speakers one at a time. If this is ok and you still have the problem, then check the dvd software you are using.

My creative says 5.1, my power dvd says 6 channel, everything says 5.1. When I go to the creative speaker setup and I do an advanced setup all speakers work in the setup. When I do a speaker check where the lady says front right, front left everything works except when it comes to left rear and right rear the left rear comes out of the left front, and the same for the rr. ???? This didn't happen with my older altec lansing thx speakers.

It sounds like you plugged in your speakers wrong. Plug them in according to how i mentioned above and they should work. remember, green is front, black is center/sub, and brown-orange is rears.

I have them plugged in right. I have checked the connections many times questioning my placement but I have them in the right slots according to the audigy directions. The back is color coded so it is easy to put them in the slots. Something seems to be conflicting with each other. My other 5.1 thx speakers from Altec Lansing didn't have this problem. I had them hooked up exactly the same.

just for kicks try switching up the cables. Maybe the cables them selves accidently got the wrong colors on them during manufacturing?

I have and it causes more problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.