Hi, I have a very annoying problem here, it's like... I have a Intel D845WN motherboard, 256 MB RAM(133Mhz), nVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 Pro Graphics card... I had a 1.7 Processor, but I replaced it with a 2.0, which is not supported by the motherboard.

Now the computer shuts down when I run 3 or 4 applications together, or sometimes when I'm watching a movie, or reading an email... I can't figure out the exact problem... is it the processor, or should I change the motherboard? because some people told me to change my AGP... they said it's because of the AGP.

Some say it's because of the Power Supplier... now what should I do?

Appreciate your reply, thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi, I have a very annoying problem here, it's like... I have a Intel D845WN motherboard, 256 MB RAM(133Mhz), nVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 Pro Graphics card... I had a 1.7 Processor, but I replaced it with a 2.0, which is not supported by the motherboard.

Now the computer shuts down when I run 3 or 4 applications together, or sometimes when I'm watching a movie, or reading an email... I can't figure out the exact problem... is it the processor, or should I change the motherboard? because some people told me to change my AGP... they said it's because of the AGP.

Some say it's because of the Power Supplier... now what should I do?

Appreciate your reply, thanks in advance!

Its more likely the powersupply because if it was the video card it would shut the system down right away or cause to restart right away or artifacts. The power supply is not giving the system the extra power it need to run the new processor so when you run close to a 100% the system shut down if it was the video card you won't beable to go on the internet for more then a minute because it use 2d and 3d hardware accerleration cause the system to go into a loop and blue screen saying memory loop or a error or even the video would just be full of artifacts .

nah, it could be overheating slightly. make sure your heatsink is firmly clicked down on all sides (takes some force). It should do the trick.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.