I installed a 300 GB Samsung internal hard drive as a slave, and it doesn't show up normally under 'my computer'.
I can find it if I right click on 'my computer' - 'manage' - 'device manager'. It shows up under 'disc drives' - 'samsung 300'. When I click on it and select the 'volumes' tab and populate it, under 'status' it shows, 'not initialized'.
Is this my problem? If so, how can I fix it? Does the new hard drive need to be formatted? Thanks for the help.

I installed a 300 GB Samsung internal hard drive as a slave, and it doesn't show up normally under 'my computer'.
I can find it if I right click on 'my computer' - 'manage' - 'device manager'. It shows up under 'disc drives' - 'samsung 300'. When I click on it and select the 'volumes' tab and populate it, under 'status' it shows, 'not initialized'.
Is this my problem? If so, how can I fix it? Does the new hard drive need to be formatted? Thanks for the help.

Yes it needs to be formatted you won't be to store data on it otherwise. It will not be recognised in explorer because it has no FAT which you will get after a format.:cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.