Hello guys,
did you ever heard about hardware card (I think it goes into PCI slot) on which you can sav operating system files so that even If you delete some system files on system partition (where Windows is installed) every time you restart system files that were deleted are copied back from that hardware card?
I never heard about it until today This card is something like redundant system partition (on which you can save files you want).
Do you have any informations about it?
it is supposed to test for differences between system files during startup and replace corrupted system files so that in every moment system is stable. This way no matter what you're doing - deleting files in windows directory or MS Office files (if MS Ofiice is placed into card's memory) with every restart files will be restored...
I don't know anything about it to search for for more information.
If you do know plese give me more details.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello guys,
did you ever heard about hardware card (I think it goes into PCI slot) on which you can sav operating system files so that even If you delete some system files on system partition (where Windows is installed) every time you restart system files that were deleted are copied back from that hardware card?
I never heard about it until today This card is something like redundant system partition (on which you can save files you want).
Do you have any informations about it?
it is supposed to test for differences between system files during startup and replace corrupted system files so that in every moment system is stable. This way no matter what you're doing - deleting files in windows directory or MS Office files (if MS Ofiice is placed into card's memory) with every restart files will be restored...
I don't know anything about it to search for for more information.
If you do know plese give me more details.

Thanks

I do not know of any hardware that would do this. However, there is software that will do this. http://www.faronics.com/html/product.asp offers a program called deepfreeze. Many schools/universities use it. Basically it creates a virtual filesystem that allows you to do anything you want to the machine...ie delete any files, get viruses, etc. but when you reboot, your machine is like it was before you messed with it. While there are several programs like this, they aren't free. Your best bet would probably be to give certain users that might cause trouble no user rights in windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.