Hi there. I have an hp desktop that runs windows xp home and when its turned on, all lights and evrything work properly untill the blu hp screen comes on and the power light stays on for about 30 seconds and then goes out and nothing else happens...

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Considering the problem occurs systemmatically, at this menu, I'm assuming there's something up with the motherboard.

This could additionally be a problem with the video card, even memory, but my presumption is leaning heavily onto the board. The only way to attempt a fix would require another motherboard to test from.

:( Not much else to provide, motherboards are hardly fixable.

Hi there. I have an hp desktop that runs windows xp home and when its turned on, all lights and evrything work properly untill the blu hp screen comes on and the power light stays on for about 30 seconds and then goes out and nothing else happens...

Any ideas?

I was having this same problem. Not being an expert I gave some good old "give it a try" ideas.
I unplugged my dvd/cd player and got back to the regular screen of windows, everything else works good. I am going to take this as it needs to be replaced. If anyone has suggestions as to what to buy, I would appreciate it. Mine is a HP pavilion a705w.
Thank you!
Hopes this helps someone.

I was having this same problem. Not being an expert I gave some good old "give it a try" ideas.
I unplugged my dvd/cd player and got back to the regular screen of windows, everything else works good. I am going to take this as it needs to be replaced. If anyone has suggestions as to what to buy, I would appreciate it. Mine is a HP pavilion a705w.
Thank you!
Hopes this helps someone.

hi dvd burners are really cheap now so you could replace it with one,not sure that one of the basic models is much better than the other,but i have really good use out of my 5yr old LG model ,they see here in Canada for about 30-35 dollars

First check i your BIOS setup.in that select SATA DISK as enable then try it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.