Hey,

So my laptop hard drive )Seagate- Momentus 5400.2) went belly up the other day, its a SATA, 120Gb, 5400RPM and was wondering if i can image it onto my other drive to get the data back, and whre this cable can be found..

Thats pretty much it, ive looked online, but the cables don't seem to to be compatiable with my hard drive, or who knows what im looking at

Alrighty..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

frankly speaking i don't understand what's "belly up" mean. about cables you need a standart sata cable you can find it for example here

about imaging the whole drive, if you have access to you seagate, you can use 3d party backup prog, make an image of the whole disk and then restore it on the other drive, i'd recomend you to use true image, it's the most convenient prog for this.

Ah.. i guess ill explain it better, my BIOS or POST wont reconize the hard drive, i dont get any power or connection to it

Ah.. i guess ill explain it better, my BIOS or POST wont reconize the hard drive, i dont get any power or connection to it

now i understand, so what can i say, hmmm, check the cables(but i think you've already done it), may be it's worth to change it to another one and see what will happen.

Then i've got a question. is it the only drive you have problems with? i mean, are you sure it's not the prob with IDE controller?

now i understand, so what can i say, hmmm, check the cables(but i think you've already done it), may be it's worth to change it to another one and see what will happen.

Then i've got a question. is it the only drive you have problems with? i mean, are you sure it's not the prob with IDE controller?

I got my new hard drive today, works aewsome, no complains, did the full truobleshooting on it, works like brand new.

Soi guess the old drive was just corrupted, now, is there anyway in getting the info off that drive, any sugestions??

Soi guess the old drive was just corrupted, now, is there anyway in getting the info off that drive, any sugestions??

i think no. if you can't access it, but if you really need the staff on it, there are special companies that can restore all information from it, but it will cost money, big money.:(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.