I managed to spill some water on the table my laptop was n and some went underneath. I followed the manual instructions to dry it off, remove all drives and the battery and lay it out to dry. Now when I replace the battery nothing happens its completely dead, no disk noise or fans etc. Pressing the power button does nothing and all I get are two continuous green lights (the power light and the hard disk light). I can't find any info on what these two lights together means...Does anyone know what this means? Is there anything that I can do?
:eek:
Thanks
Matt

Member Avatar for nephros

My friend had a similar problem. But when she has bought her Inspiron she also acquired an extended waranty so Dell repaired the laptop for free.

I think if you have recently bought it you still might be able to return it to DELL for refund or service. Otherwise I still advice to call DELL and ask for help, they might ask you to ship it to them for service.

thanks,
we're out of warranty,
might ring them when we're feeling flush

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.