MusicWriter0984 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everyone.

I received the Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 as a Christmas gift and put it on the laptop I had at that time. There is a point during the installation of the software where you are asked to connect the camera. Once it was finished doing what it needed to do, a green check mark was shown in the installation program.

That laptop has since died, and I had to get a new one for school.

The installation seems to go fine, but this green check mark doesn't appear. Things seem go go ok despite that. All the little messages that you expect when you connect a USB device appear in the taskbar, so I figured everything was ok.

I've noticed that sometimes when I click on featuers in the lifecam software, the windows installer needs to activate before the feature comes up. That wouldn't bother me so much, but it sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. Other than that, taking video and pictures seems to work fine.

Also, it almost seemed like connecting with the webcam over windows live (or another instant messanging serivce...I tried a few) was causing internet connection problems, but our ISP was having some issues that day as well. I really can't verify that.

I was just wondering if anyone has encountered anything like this before. I never plan to be a big user of the webcam or use it a lot in chats. I mainly have it jsut for a few small videos and pictures for web sites.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.