Sony VAIO, model PCGFX501, I updated the video driver from ATI RAGE MOBILITY to ATI RAGE MOBILITY (SONY) and set refresh rate to 100hz. Was that stupid or what? NOW MY NMB LOCK INDICATOR STAYS ON AND THERE IS NO ACTIVITY ON LAPTOP. CAN NOT TURN OFF LAPTOP WITHOUT DISCONNECTING POWER OR PRESSING RESET UNDERNEATH LAPTOP. POWER BUTTON DOES NOT SHUT DOWN SYSTEM, NOR DOES FCN+ESC OR ANY FCN+ KEYS, TURN OFFS, OR RESETS. NOT EVEN CNTRL+ALT+DELETE. PLEASE HELP A STUPID EXPERIMENTING GENIUS WANNABE LIKE ME!!!!
:eek:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Start up in safe mode (f8 during boot) and then you can change refresh rate back to ususal 60 Hz which is standard for all LCD displays.

Or plug in external monitor to get video feedback without safe mode. (might require restart)

Tried that, but laptop wont even start, only the nmber lock indicator light is on (small greenlight). no hard drive activity at all. could it be that I may have accidently locked myself out with a combo of keys on the keypad. I tried all the FCN+keys that is related to powersaving functions. Power button does not shut down system, only disconnecting power cord works. Even then, still no boot up activity once reconected.
:-|

Check this out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.