Hello. I need some help, please =) I have integrated video graphics and I would like to know the correct way to disable it so I can install a video card. I know to go to device manager, right click, then disable, but what I would like to know is...what order do I do these things in? Do I install the card and driver and then disable the integrated, or how does this work?

The reason why I am asking is because I installed a video card and didn't disable the onboard. I thought that I needed to disable the integrated after installing the card and driver, but when I opened device manager, only the card was showing and the onboard was gone. Now I believe I am having blue screens from not disabling the onboard. Maybe I need to disable it in the bios?

Any help is much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You disable the onboard video in the BIOS. You get into the BIOS by hitting a certain key when the PC starts up (usually dell or f something - it should say)

Please provide us with the make and model of you computer, or motherboard if it's a home brew.

So, I went into the BIOS to see if my integrated can be disabled and the setting is on auto, which means if a card is installed it will read the card and not the integrated. So everything is fine there.

Thanks for all of your help =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.