I believe this is the right part of the forums to post this in.

Okay I am investing in a gaming pc. A Dell XPS 710. I am not sure if I should get the 750 watt power supply or the 1 kilowatt power supply. What are the differences between the two, and what will they allow me to do?

*Wow I feel like a genius. I totally didn't see the power supplies forum up above of this one. Sorry for the inconvience of moving my thread.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

1 killawats is overkill but the bigger the better as dell Power Supplies are nonstandard so there a pain in the ass to replace at a later date

>investing in a gaming pc
build your own machine and you can choose good power supply ;)

mm you need 550w+ for a gaming pc. If you want SLI you will need 750w+

What makes you say that dell has a bad power supply? I know building your own computer is better, but nowadays it costs about the same, and I heard the dell XPS desktops are easy to upgrade, but does anyone else have experience with that?

all dells use nonstandard motherboards, cases and PSUs. There a pain in the ass if anything goes wrong

>What makes you say that dell has a bad power supply
Working in company which buy it pc's from Dell from 10 machines bought about 8 months ago, 7 blowed ther PSU so far and we had to get replacement from Dell

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.