Hey guys, I had my ipod plugged in last night for the first time in about 2 weeks, and when i got up my computer had crashed.
I tried to turn it on but nothing happened. After a while it turned on and the processor, hard drives, fans and ram work, but there is no display. My motherboard is a k9n neo and i have a pci display adapter. i got a new pci express 16x display adapter but nothing happened. the fan on the pci card works but i see nothing on the vga. Also i can see the hard drives i mapped over the network. i have tried to connect using logmein but all i get is a black screen. does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this without trying a new motherboard?

Thanks
Matt

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you not even get a BIOS screen?

Yea the monitor didnt even turn on... ive fixed it though. I got a new graphics card but it still would not boot, so i flashed the bios and it fixed it. i then found out the old graphics card was bad for some reason so i kept the new one... took the whole day but its nice going to bed at 1 am with no broken computers :-)

Good. sounds to me like it fried your usb port?

I once stuck a USB device in upside down in my pc (the little plastic tab that stops you doing that fell out) and it completely broke every front usb port.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.