I'm literally using Word to insert each one of these letters...so let me get to the point. Brought my pc home from uni & now I’ve reconnected it all & keyboard doesn’t work:S . Lights flash when I plug it in, and have a faint light as normal, but it just doesn’t work. It's not a USB one, and I’ve dusted everything, and disconnected n reconnected it all countless times. Think it happened before, but fixed itself. I’ve tried a different keyboard, but no luck there, so I’m stuck. And going to a shop to get it fixed isn’t in the cards, being penniless n all. Can anyone help? This keyboard worked fine on friday. Any suggestions will be appreciated... wow, this was an effort!:sweat:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Shutdown your computer and then plug in your keyboard then try booting it up and seeing if that works.

The thing is that I’ve already done that, but it doesn't do anything. There is power going to the keyboard, but that’s it, it just like a zombie. Is there anything else that I could be overlooking?

some mobo had a fuse connecting to the PS2 port.. sometimes it breaks off then your keyboard would not be recognized..it can be solved by just connecting a thin wire.. if ever the fuse had blown out.. the fuse usually can be found out at the back of your mobo near the PS2 port..check it out..

Be sure to have the power OFF when you disconnect or reconnect your keyboard. Disconnect it and look at the pins at the end of the keyboard connector to check if you've bent one or more of the pins when you reconnected it. Also, is it possible that you have the keyboard connected to the ps/2 mouse connector, the behaviour you describe is exactly what happens when the keyboard and mouse connections are reversed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.