Hello, I'm just wondering how would i go about updating my GPU drivers? I have a radeon 9250 256 mb video card. a friend of mine said for me to try and update the drivers for the GPU but i don't know how to do it. If anyone can help me I'll be mighty greatful. Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I would just go to the ati site and find the Radeon hydravision download and download it for your video card family. These packets usually come with the latest drivers and will auto install.

not hydravision, you want catalyst. to be safe go to add/remove programs in the control panel and uninstall ati software, then install the new drivers.

That was my fault I meant the catalyst was in a hurry sorry.

I like ati but the drivers like to be uninstalled properly or else the new install will see the other versions left and not write over them. Be sure to uninstall them with ATI's uninstall utility and not just the add/remove in windows. This was particularly true of the agp 9600 cards and older (especially the 7000's). I've wrestled with this issue and its a pain.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.