Hi,
can anybody tell how come a standalone laptop is giving this error.
PXE-561

I tried Googling just to end up without finding even a single result. PXE alone yields many results but nowhere 561 is mentioned. what i it some kind of error number I suppose.

For more information please refer the follwing link
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post411967.html#post411967

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello,

What kind of laptop do you have and when you turn it on dose it get to where it shows you your bios ver. and graphic card and processor etc. Or dose it show right when you turn on your computer.
If you could please give us some more infomation thank you.

TJ

It seems there was a typo. It is PXE-E61 Error. Actually the laptop is owned by a person who initiated the thread I have referenced with prev link.

It became clear to me that his laptop has a PXE ROM and in BIOS Network Booting is enabled so while doing a POST it tries to discover a host to boot from. Further on finding none it proceeds with Windows booting. Now is this an error that can be neglected or needs some serious probing?

You hould change booting sequence in BIOS.

1-Hard disk
2-CD Drive
3-Network (a.k.a boot agent)

yes...it has be conveyed to Steve. :) BTW that was not the major issue there so it is lower in my priority chart. Thanks for your help.

There should be setting in BIOS for invoking network adapter ROM. Try disabling it.

I was wondering why my Compaq did that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.