For a while my computer would constantly restart or freeze and after months of this I decided to try and do something about this, I moved the pc from 1 case to another with better cooling and air flow, I also bought some replacement/upgrade ram and a larger psu. The problem I have now is that although it boots I get a no signal through the monitor. This monitor works with my other pc and I cant figure out what is wrong. The motherboard doesnt have on board gfx and this pc is PCI while the other 1 is AGP so cant cross test them. I have tried booting without the HDD, with the ram in different combinations but all to no avail. I have a feeling its gfx card related but I need to find out for sure before I replace any parts. It also makes no beep on boot but could this because by a mis installed internal speaker?

The parts are
Abit KN9 Mobo
AMD 4600+ x 2
Raidmax 500w PSU
Kingston 1G (sorry dont know full spec)
Super Talent DDR2 512mb 667MHz PC5300 x 2
Inno 3d 7600 GS 256mb PCI-E

Any help in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Skamilton

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Does your computer boot into bios? If not, try to leave the cmos battery out for about 1 hr or more then put it back in place. Start your pc.

Thanks for the reply, after trying this there is no change, still no beeps or signal! Any other suggestions?

Since you transferred your motherboard in another case, I think you have a faulty wiring connections especially from the front power switch button to the board or a short between the motherboard and the case.

What you need to do is run your system with motherboard, processor, one stick of ram, and the pci video card out of the case and also with the power supply attached. Then power it up through the power switch pin terminals from the motherboard. It means you will momentarily short them with a tip of a small insulated screwdriver. Refer the location of the power switch pin terminals to your motherboard manual.

Before inserting all devices into their slots, be sure all gold contacts of the memory sticks, and the video card are free from any dirt. Clean them with an eraser.

Note: Be sure you place your board on a non-conductive material in order to prevent "short". Don't forget the power supply connection of the video card (if any) and the ATX12V 4 pin power connector from the motherboard to supply power to the cpu.

For your internal speaker connections, refer to your motherboard manual.

Thanks alot for the reply, Im away for a few days but will try this when i get back and let u know!

Okay, I hope you will be able to resolve your problem.

Hey sorry for late reply had alot on. I tried exactly what u said to the letter but I still get no signal, Im starting to fear im gonna have to shell out money I dont have to fix this. Any more suggestions please?

Don't give up yet. LOL

I doubt on some components installed in your system either the video card or memory module is not compatible with your new system.

Since the old setup booted to the windows, so let's start here. Install one old memory stick, old video card, and the processor in your motherboard again. Test a stick in all slots. Check if it will boot to the bios.

Was this Inno 3d 7600 GS 256mb PCI-E video card also installed in the old setup?

How about your new RAM? Is it ddr2 800 (pc2 6400)?

Heya sorry for late reply, the new memory is PC4200 DDR2 533Mhz 240 pin and yes the gfx card was in the old system.

I think I shorted the wrong pins this time around and smelt buring (yes noob ;p) so in that case I think ill order a new mobo and let u know, thx for help so far.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.