Hey,

I have a Acer Travelmate 2300 and I want to bring it to the dump
and get rid of it right now. I need to get rid of everything on my computer but the first time I had it fixed by someone else they messed it up. Now instead of loading properly it goes to a black screen asking me which way I would like my computer to start up.
I have two choices even though they are the same but one makes me have to reboot my computer and the other now makes my computer freeze.
I have all the recovery discs still but my problem now is that my internal CD drive broke a little while ago and now I have to work with an external drive and that's how I keep messing up.
I have my computer set so that it boots up the CD drive first but it won't do it fast enough so that it beats the count down screen.
Can you please tell me how I can fix this so that I can recover my computer?
If I can't do it myself I have to dish out close to $300.00 and that's something I don't want to do right now.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think you need to do a clean install but see to it there is an option to boot in usb device first in the bios. Navigate to your bios and look for it.

Ok thank you. I'll try to find where that is. Haha.

i cant find the bios please help me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.