I have an Inspiron 6000 that will start to come on. The cap locks light blinks 9 times and then turns off. I'm sure that is a "post" code of some type, but can't find any documentation of that on this model.

Thanks!

Laura

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

With the computer turned off and unplugged. Remove the battery and reseat the memory modules/sticks inside the memory bay. Put all the components back then start your computer.

If the problem still persists, repeat the process then test one stick at a time in both memory slots or try to test the sticks in another computer.

I tested the sticks in another computer they are fine. I also tried one at a time. Same thing. the cap locks light blinks 9 times then the comptuer turns off.

I had this same problem, and searched the interwebs high and low for what the blinking caps lock code meant. here is what i found out after giving up on finding the answer(Just so everyone in the future can know): the laptop booted only when there wasn't ram in the first dimm slot. So, from what i got, it means that one of the dimm slots is going bad. take each out one at a time and try booting. of course this leads to believe that eventually, more components on the mobo will start to go bad as well. At least you wont need to

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.