I had a beep code for memory on my motherboard because I didn't have any memory in it my uncle salvaged it when he gave me the board makes sense than I got a stick of Kingston 3200 528MB.
Now my PC doesn't boot at all just a blank screen, I did notice that the jumper is missing from the BIOS it's an ECS for Intel 848p-a7. I'd really like to get it up in running any hints thanks,
Chris

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The jumper is missing from the bios, what do you mean?

Remove the video card, and memory stick. Clean their gold contacts first with a pencil eraser before inserting them in their slots. Be sure they are all properly seated.

Reset the cmos through the cmos jumper.

On that motherboard there is a two assembly labeld bios the schematic shows a jumper block closed ciruit on it equals protected and no jumper open equals unprotected. I'm not sure if this is a security feature to prevent people from uneccasarily? Thanks for the idea I'll reset the cmos and go from there.
Thanks,
Chris

What you are referring to is a BIOS_WP (Bios Write-Protect jumper). It is used to protect the BIOS boot block from virus infection. When locked (with jumper cap), a BIOS update is impossible. The default is open (no jumper cap).

If possible, test the video card and the ram in another system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.