My desktop computer is no longer functioning. I have an AMD 3200 computer with MSI K8N Neo2 motherboard and 6600 GT AGP card.

It started with the computer freezing while playing Guild Wars. I also noticed graphics artifacts on the screen such as lines and squares of a certain color appearing where they shouldn't. These artifacts appear also during BIOS.

I tried getting the latest drivers from nVidia. Now it is much worse and in addition to the graphics artifacts I get a blue screen and reboot while Windows XP is loading. Sometimes the computer doesn't bother showing anything at all when I turn on the machine.

So is my graphics card a goner?

Maybe. It could also be a power supply issue with your +12v not giving you enough juice to run the card. If you have a very weak 250-300W power supply (or a very cheaply made unit) with a very weak +12v it could give you issue like that, and it can also just be a failing card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.