Five times in the past hour while in DaniWeb I've gotten the Virus Alert from McAffee: Exploit-MhtRedir.gen
McAffee finds it in the Temporary Internet Files folder and is able to delete it and I also empty that folder right after I get the message so it's not really a problem, but I'd like to know why I keep getting it while here.

Along with that message I get a warning about my ActiveX settings not enabled to allow...
I know how I have my ActiveX settings and have them that way for a reason; just including that in case it has something to do with the Exploit.

OS is Win2K, 5.00.2195, SP4
IE 6, SP1 (ver 6.0.2800.1106)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Are you getting it whilst reading hijackthis logs? I get a few warnings from my AV on some logs that I read.

Are you getting it whilst reading hijackthis logs? I get a few warnings from my AV on some logs that I read.

No, most often it seems to come up when going from one forum to another or one thread to another.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.