Hi,

When I boot up my laptop (Windows XP Pro) I get two boxes pop up, saying

'error loading C:\Windows\system32\pwbcllrs.dll The specified module could not be found' and the same thing but with file name bljfiewn.dll

I've run Spybot and Adaware and they don't pick anything up, so would be really grateful if someone could suggest what to try next please?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is anyone able to help with this? Would really appreciate some pointers! Thanks

When I boot up my laptop (Windows XP Pro) I get two boxes pop up, saying
'error loading C:\Windows\system32\pwbcllrs.dll The specified module could not be found' and the same thing but with file name bljfiewn.dll
I've run Spybot and Adaware and they don't pick anything up, so would be really grateful if someone could suggest what to try next please?

Hi Yorkgirl,

I am not around much, so I don't know if I can help you in a timely manner.... But, since nobody else has responded, I'll point you in the right direction ;)

-- Your error messages are likely due to malware that has been partially cleaned by your onboard anti-malware tools. It is likely that registry remnants (run keys) have been left behind and are calling the now non-existent malware files at startup.

Chances are good that there is still active malware on your compy. I would suggest that you follow the steps in my linky PhilliePhan's Malware Cleaning Steps and post the Four requested logs here for me to have a look.

If I am not able to get back to you, you could post the logs at the site hosting the steps and I'm sure my friend Judy would be happy to assist you.

Best Luck! :)
PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.