Hi, my name is Margie and I live in Mexico with my husband Tom and dog, Chica. Tom and I are both writers - not technical stuff. We writes short stories and I write short stories and poetry. Right now it is pouring outside - June thru August are the rainy months. So here I am cofined to the indoors with a computer that's driving me crazy! I have never had a problem with viruses and suddenly I am told that I have 1653 of them. This came with a popup that almost complete covers the desktop and I can't get rid of it. So HELP! please.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi Margie:
Welcome.
May I recommend AVG Free Antivirus.
That does the job for me!

Also, download HijackThis Executable from here. Save it to your desktop.
Start HJT & press the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. When the scan is finished a window will pop up giving you the option of where to save it. Save it to desktop where it is easy to access. Open the log file and then go to the format Tab and make sure that wordwrap is unchecked. Copy the entire contents of the file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

Thanks so much. I'll try this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.