Hello, I have a serious problem that I need some help with. I have found out that I have some sort of clickjacking virus and it is messing with not only my google page but also other things.

1) I am unable to update AVG
2) Unable to visit certain help websites (forums, Hijackthis)
3) Cannot install Malwarebytes

All I can think of at the moment, but any help would be very appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello and Welcome to Daniweb

1. - Please download ComboFix by sUBs from HERE or HERE

• You must download it to and run it from your Desktop
  • Physically disconnect from the internet.
  • Now STOP all your monitoring programs (Antivirus/Antispyware, Guards and Shields) as they could easily interfere with ComboFix.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a log. Please save that log to post in your next reply along with a fresh HJT log

Note:
Do not mouse-click combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

2. - Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

3. - Download hijackthis and post the log.

In your reply, post the logs (in this order):
1. - Combo Fix
2. - Malware Bytes Log
3. - Hijackthis Log

Thanks,

Cohen

Unable to connect to download ComboFix from either source

Btod9, you need to begin your own thread. The instructions from Cohen were for the thread starter, Needhelp21

Here is a suggestion from the Malwarebyte's to try to get the MBA-M program for download if that has not been possible.
Please try the following routine to see if you can get Malwarebytes to run.

* Click on Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc and click OK
* On the View menu click on Show hidden devices
* Browse to Non-Plug and Play Drivers and you should see something like TDSSserv.sys
* Highlight that driver and right click on it and select DISABLE
* Now RESTART your computer.
* Download a copy of Malwarebytes but DO NOT run it yet.
* Rename the downloaded installer file to any generic name such as your own name but keep the .EXE extension on the file and run it.
* Once the program is installed go to the UPDATE tab and try to update the program if you can.
Then follow the rest of Cohen's instructions for the running of Malwarebytes'

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.