I have a problem on my laptop, it started last night when I tried to install a program...I can only access Windows Vista Home Basic through safe mode. When it tries to go through normal mode, all I get is a black screen right after it indicates Windows is loading. I never get to see the user and password screen to login to windows. When I am in online in safemore, I can't access any anti-virus websites. I can't even download the "HijackThis" program. If i try to go to any anti-virus website, it redirects me to some spam sites etc. It is VERY annoying!! Any help is appreciated!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What program were you trying to install? Sounds like this may have caused something.

Hey sonik89-
Jeff here with the Windows Outreach Team. Sorry to hear about your problem. I am not tech support and I do not have a definite answer to your problem, but I came across this thread that discusses a very similar problem and a possible solution is given. Good luck!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070805110644AA68uCg

Jeff
Windows Outreach Team

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.