I have got a virus on my computer, when i turn it on i get warning messages saying that it can not locate prunnet.exe, four warning messages in total. It also asks me to log on, but i dont have any log on details but it allows me to access my computer if i leave the password blank.
Everything seems to work ok, except now it wont actually shut down it only restarts, and the CD/DVD drive is no longer recognisable, either to write a cd or read a cd....

HELP what do i need to do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do the following, update your anti-virus program and run a Full system scan with it, allow it to fix/remove/quarantine anything found.
Then download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.

* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

Reboot the computer

Download and run a Full System Scan with HiJackThis, save the log.
Post back here with the MBA-M log, the HiJackThis log and the log from your anti-virus program.

Hello,If HJT do not find and delete it...

Here is a step by step set of instructions designed to help you clean up the virus:

Clean Prunnet.exe virus - Prunnet.exe virus removal:

Enjoy our forum,With Regards,

Garro

Hello,If HJT do not find and delete it...
Garro

Ok "garro" just so you know, since you obviously don't, HJT isn't going to delete ANYTHING unless told to do so. It may find something but that is what it is supposed to do. HJT is a scanner program, with the ability to remove something sometimes. But it's main purpose is to show what is on the computer and where. It isn't to be considered a removal program.

ailz86
please continue with the steps I requested.
Judy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.